Smokeless Fire Pits - Breeo

  I've had many fire pits over the years.  From an old truck wheel, a section of 55 gallon drum, and a nice looking bowl style firepit to a homemade smokeless firepit, I have tried them all.   Most had one thing in common: They smoked no matter how good of a fire I made.  

  I had seen adds.. LOTS of adds for Solo Stove firepits, so I decided to check them out in person at one of the local hardware stores.  They looked nice, but I could not get past the fact that they seemed kind of delicate.  The thin metal seemed like it would be easy to dent.  I still wasn't sold on the "smokeless" feature either.  The science seemed sound but like all things I preferred to experience it for myself.

  So.. not wanting to spend hundreds for a Solo Stove, I sourced a couple stainless pots from Walmart and fabricated my own mini Solo Stove style firepit.  It was a success.  It was true that once the fire is burning hot it becomes smokeless.  My little DIY firepit even gave of those sweet looking flames from the holes on the inner perimeter of the firepit.  I was sold.  Not on a brand, but the idea.



  This led me to start researching other brands of firepits.  Since Solo Stove was made in China, maybe I could get a knockoff that looks the same from China.  Well... there were many to choose from.  But then, I found this smaller company, Breeo, that made smokeless firepits here in the USA.  I looked at the specs and they were much heavier than the competition.  The price was higher, but not outrageously higher.  The reviews were great and it many mentioned their outstanding customer service. So, I decided to save and give Breeo a chance.


  I ordered the X series 24 and a few days later it arrived in a huge box.  All the packaging was cardboard and could either be recycled or used as fire starter.  No assembly required!  We soon made a fire and within minutes it was burning smoke free.  


  Now it has become a gathering place for the family.  Everyone enjoys sitting around the fire on pleasant evenings.  We expect to use it year round here in the mild climate of the PNW.  


We always let the fire die out on it's own.  I haven't decided on a cover yet.  Breeo sells a stainless cover that looks nice, but you must wait for the firepit to be cool to use it.  Another company, Tame the Flame, sells a fireproof fabric cover that can be used to put out the flame if needed.  Cleanup is easy.  You can scoop the ash out or use a shopvac.

Breeo has a great selection of quality accessories including a grill that attaches to the side of the firepit.  Like the firepits, the accessories are built to last a lifetime.  Personally, I have my eye on the grill!  I look forward to some ribeyes cooked over an alderwood fire!

Are you considering purchasing a Breeo firepit?  Use my referral link and get free shipping when you spend more than $350. They make several different styles and sizes. Whatever you decide, you cannot go wrong!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turo - Air BnB for Cars!

I Rented a Tesla... And it was Awesome!